Friday, October 3, 2008

Internet and American Life

To those of you who asked me to keep you informed about Internet and American Life, I really enjoy the class. I spend ample amount of time reading the assignments and watching the videos, but it is enjoyable. I respond to the discussion boards and I find interests in other peoples posts. Dr. Ray had one post that included checking the speed of your internet, which I thought it was kind of neat. My DSL speed only turned out to be 8 times faster than dial up, but our phone lines in Southern Illinois are as old as dirt. I can't wait to all of the fiberoptic cables are in place.
In this class, I found out our country is definitely not a world leader where the internet is concerned, many others are much faster with cheaper rates. I guess I thought we paved the way for everyone else, but I think we ranked in 8th. I won't make this post too long, I just wanted to let you know that even though Dr. Ray is doing seminars all of the country, he takes the time to comment on your posts. I like the fact that he always gives you feedback on your work and he chooses excellent reading material. I love learning something new, and I guess that is another reason this class is a favorite.

1 comment:

The Girl Kind of Shawn said...

I took this class a couple of semestes ago and I really liked it. I had a different instructor though. OUr instructor had us upload a picture of ourselves so we could "see" each other.

I remember there being some people in the class who had dial up and I really felt for them as I had just gotten cable at the time.