Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Mom in me wants to kick some guys butt

Well, what a wonderful weekend it was, both of my boys were home from college. After both of my boys headed back to their respective colleges, my husband and I were sitting down to relax after spending countless hours sanding and staining steps we just had made. All seemed fine, and with one phone call, it went to hell.
What I heard on the phone was Mom this has been the worst day of my life, I just had an accident, I ran a stop sign hit a car, and the man kept calling me an SOB, and then he threatened to hit me, if I didn't get back in the car. Of course, my son got back in his car called 911 because the man kept threatening him. My son described him as a big fat man,dirty looking, bar type, but I think as mad as I was, (and I am not the tough sort,) I could body slam him right now. When someone threatens your child, it would be nice for the police to address it. The police officer said oh, he was just PO'd, Does that makes it ok to threaten someone, especially since that someone is mine, with bodily harm. Oh, how i would like to get even with that jerk for scaring my son. I am still so mad, I think I could take him.
The feelings I have right now are the same feelings I had when he got knocked down on the playground by a bully in 2nd grade. Isn't it funny, no matter how old they are the mom in me wants to protect them from all harm, and in a way I guess they feel that way too, because I am the one they turn too when they need help.
An accident is just an accident, until someone overreacts. You never know what kind of crazies you will run into, and sometimes I mean run in to.
Oh well, I was planning to work on my section 5 of Self Directed Learning tonight, but I can't concentrate on anything but that man in Carbondale, the man I envision as Fat Bastard in the Austin Powers Movie.
Do you think it is too late for a 47 yr old woman to learn some of those ultimate fighting moves, they could come in handy.
I am sure this post will appear strange to some, and probably to me, after I chill awhile, but I felt better typing it.

1 comment:

Beth's Blog said...

Beth, It is good to vent. It is also good to commiserate so I will jump on the pile. When I was 8 months pregnant with my first son, I was driving down a suburban street with a speed limit of 25mph. This moron came up behind me really fast and came within inches of my bumper, continuing for blocks. This made me slow down even more. He got mad and passed me on the right and then tried to cut me off closely but was a little too close so he hit me. Took out my headlight and front quarter panel, then took off. My motherly instincts made me raging mad since he could have hurt me or the baby. I chased him at high speeds all over town to get his plate #. When I caught up to him, I thought I must be nuts, he could be dangerous or take a crowbar to my head. When I reported it to the police, they made excuses for him. He was 17 years old and his father (a physician), came to his defense. The fact that I was with child and that this kid had road rage was dismissed. The cops involved see morons every day so they didn't care much. I feel your pain.